* If you can, take your rabbit in its cage. So, you have more space and will be calmer because he recognizes his “home.” Otherwise, choose to take on your carrier.
* Put the cage / kennel in a box top to keep it air / sun directly and snap them well so that does not move during the trip.
* Normally, the rabbit will be scared and not eat or drink. But still, if you want to put him food, the bowl should go close to the ground, to avoid collision with the rabbit in the corners and can hurt. Be careful with the drinking because it can leak and flood the cage.
* Try to avoid rush hour travel in the sun.
* If you do breaks, do not take the rabbit from the cage, will be calmer inside. Of course, trying to park in the shade.
Another way to keep the carrier.
Travel by plane
The best thing is to check the different airlines that is because there may be several options:
* Do not let animals travel.
* That animals have to travel in the hold, which we discourage.
* That the rabbit can travel with you in the cabin. In this case you’ll pay about 10 euros per kilo heavier.
Travelling by train
Usually the trains are not to inconvenience when traveling with our rabbits. The only condition is that it will put in the carrier. In the long-distance trains on the other hand, presents more difficulties. In principle, to pay 50% of our ticket for the rabbit has to go inside his crate and in some cases, the supervisor may require that it go in the luggage compartment enabled for.
Travelling by bus
The regulation says that the bus can travel with small animals provided they go in their kennels. However, it will not hurt you to read the rules before the trip.
If you intend to travel to another city by bus with your bunnies have two options:
* Take it camouflaged within a box with holes or within a bag or you risk getting caught and force you to the second option:
* Bring the rabbit got into the carrier and the other bags. We do not recommend this option because the poor rabbits receive blows from the other bags, will be stressed with engine noise and changes and also can suffocate from the heat and lack of fresh air.
2 – The first few times the dog and walker will be accompanied by one of the owners of the dog or a person of the family, for the dog to feel comfortable recognizing the smell of their owners, then you can go out alone with the dog walker. If you are friendly enough with a day, if it is a territorial animal several times. When the dog does not fit the stroller, it must always call you by name and try to be accepted by him as part of the herd to which it belongs and a family company.
3 – The big dog, aggressive, scary, nervous, you must exit with a muzzle. Do not throw it on a continuous belt, pulls are dry and direct way to tell the dog you’re the boss.
4 – When the dog is problematic for several times, give up the ride. Read the rest of this entry »
Now, pets can stay with their owners at the Caribe Hilton. Pet Friendly program, designed by the artist William Wegman, a bed, food and water bowls with placemat, and a package of amenities for the hygiene of the dog or cat.
Since April, a select number of rooms will be included in the program Pet Friendly (not all rooms can accommodate pets.) These rooms have a health care and special cleaning to prevent any disease. Read the rest of this entry »
Alysa Binder and Wiesel Dan founded the company in 2005 but only this year Pet Airways made its first flight, as they had to adapt the fleet to the requirements of the peculiar four-legged passengers.
This year the pet carrier with flights from 5 U.S. cities: New York, Washington, Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles, and prevention from next year to expand flights to other cities in both the U.S. and other countries.
A flight from Chicago to Los Angeles costs $ 199, and a flight Los Angeles – New York costs $ 299. And unlike a ride on a common carrier in Pet Airways offers special attention and extra amenities for the ride of your dog or cat, one of the 5 aircraft specially designed by the company. Read the rest of this entry »