Posts Tagged ‘reptiles’
As reported in the press today, this strange event would have occurred on December 7 at the Ezeiza Airport, the main city of Buenos Aires, Argentina. A Czech citizen attempted to board an Iberia flight bound for their country and with a stopover in Madrid. When dispatched luggage, airport officials were amazed not to see something moving inside the suitcase.
Carefully place the suitcase in the X-ray and test for the presence of 247 live animals, most of which were reptiles. Each of them was in a transparent container minimum, although in some cases several animals shared space. The probability that all the animals arrive at their destination alive was simply nil.
Among the snakes were on the case several of them are poisonous, poisons that can cause death in very short terms. Get sera antidote to these poisons in Europe is almost impossible, so the risk was enormous.
The animals were seized and found that several of them were protected species given their high risk of extinction. The Czech citizen was released after paying bail and will stand trial. He refused to make any statement in court, but there is a high suspicion of belonging to an organization dedicated to animal trafficking.
More or less the story is the same … the consequences of traffic that are not domestic animals, for use as pets. Failure is the predictable end, the death of countless animals in the whole process is only just shown and all this for the benefit of a few criminals. In a previous post we told that the suitcase had been found at the airport of Ezeiza in Argentina, with more than 200 live reptiles inside.
The news today is similar tragic. A family of Miami found in his swimming pool on Christmas morning a Burmese python of more than 4 feet long. Local authorities took charge of the animal and have clarified that it will be used to capture the training of these reptiles.
The point is that in the State of Florida has a serious problem with Burmese pythons. Many people acquire them as pets, but over time and see which are a problem, release them into the swamps. In this place live very easily have been played in an amazing way and it is estimated that today there are over 50 thousand copies. The problem is that alligators eat rodents to give yourself and are quite dangerous. Although no poison can be up to 8 meters long and weigh about 100 kilos.
Recently a two year old girl suffocated by one of these pythons living at home. His mother and stepfather were convicted of negligent homicide.
If you own one of these lizards is essential to know which nutrients are required to have a good health. Depending on the reptile you have, your diet will be different.
Everyone needs a certain amount of nutrients for your body to remain in good condition, so it is mandatory to include vitamin supplements in their diet. Do not forget that deficiencies in vitamins, calcium, phosphorus and other minerals can cause serious problems in your animal. But beware of overdose: vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluble and stored in the liver.
A perfect combination
Balanced nutrition is the recommendation for a healthy vet all your a pet. This is most easily herbivorous reptiles due to the wide availability of plant products on the market.
For other species, it is best to include in your diet insects and vertebrates. Living things contribute to the pet plenty of nutrients that help you complete your diet. Protein and vitamin intake generated by this very special food varies with the amount ingested. For example, a mealworm contains 18% protein, 8.5% fat and 0.3% phosphorus.
The vitamin necessary for these animals is vital. It is very important to give your little friend a vitamin supplement and calcium because food generally unable to supply you gather all the vitamins your body needs to develop properly.
* Vitamin A is essential for vision and for the skin and some tissues, especially the mucous membranes remain healthy. Deficiencies in vitamin A are due to the dumb difficult. By contrast, excess vitamin D3 can override that is responsible for condensing the calcium. Also cause a sharp increase in the silent and severe diarrhea.
* Vitamin B takes part in the metabolism of carbohydrates, so it is essential to produce energy for the functioning of the heart, muscles and nervous system. It is important for growth to be well formed and also aid in digestion. If your pet has no appetite, may be because the reptile has a lack of vitamin B, that the diet is monotonous, and so on.
* Vitamin C also plays an important role, since it is responsible for improving your immune system, implying optimum bone and teeth development. Also involved in iron absorption, fat metabolism, wound healing, and so on.
* Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects against damage from free radicals that damage cells and tissues. Are believed to be one of the causes of aging. This vitamin helps in the creation of red blood cells.
* Vitamin K is known as the clotting vitamin, because it helps blood to clot properly. Experts indicate that it is necessary to maintain strong bones in old age. Found in green vegetables, fruits and edible roots but is also produced by the bacteria that line the gastrointestinal tract.
Synthesizes vitamin D3 calcium
The proper proportions of calcium, phosphorus and other minerals are an essential complement in reptiles diet so that your skeleton to develop properly. The best practice is to add two parts calcium to one of phosphorus.
Vitamin D3 is responsible for synthesizing the calcium in the body of your pet so that a deficiency of it is possible to cause the animal to suffer rickets. This disease causes bone deformities and weakness. The latter condition occurs because the calcium removed from bones to distribute the rest of the body. The legs and swollen or broken jaws are the main symptoms.
Vitamin D3 is acquired by the reptile through UVB rays and occurs naturally in the skin but, if necessary, can also be supplied artificially. A complete diet is the best indication for your reptile to remain energetic and full of vitality. Through these minerals and vitamins, the pet will be healthy and protected: avoid rapid aging, loss of strength, low mood, and so on. Is a solution that will allow you enjoy the many fun times together.
But before adopting a chameleon, an iguana or other similar animal must take into account certain important ways.
Diseases, for example, are usually quite severe and should be paying much attention.
Believe it or not, the leading cause of death for these animals is stress. Read the rest of this entry »